Flu  

Posted by Shobana

It’s a euphoric feeling to be able to smell after recovering from a rather nasty flu.(of course, it's just starting for me) Well, nasty would actually be an understatement. I would seriously prefer to swallow two aspirins and sleep over a fever than catching flu. It’s just annoying to be sneezing and sniffing and snorting and it’s rather disguisting and irritating. Allow me to further elaborate on the word disguisting and irritating in terms of flu. Where shall I start now?

Could it be the water running down your nose? Could it be that exactly at that moment, you ran out of tissues and have to tilt your head backwards and cover your nose with your hand, walk around the classroom, asking your friends for tissues? Or when they see your snot and go like “Eeeeew, that’s disguisting”. (Very thoughtful, thank you very much., I suggest you don’t say another word unless you have a piece of tissue or I swear I will make sure you get a really, really nasty flu and I will be the harping on how disguisting is it to see water running down your nose instead.)

Or could it be the ‘beautiful’ colour changes your phlegm exhibit from white, to a cloudy precipitate, to a light shade of yellow, to a darker shade of yellow, to green throughout the flu phase(yes, it is indeed divided into phases, which I will have the pleasure of explaining later)

Or could it be the part whereby after you recover, you realize that your room is worst than a rat’s cage thanks to the contribution of the phlegm filled tissue.(which for no apparent reason is at every unimaginable corner in the room, considering the fact that you were on the bed. A matter that ought to be investigated).

Or could it be when your nose turns all ‘rudolphy’, meaning as red and big as Rudolph’s nose. For the super ignorant ones, let me enlighten you. Heard of Santa at the very least? Yes, it is indeed the big, fat man who slides down your chimney(which I’m still trying to figure out how he does considering the fact that he is, well, you know, pudgy) on Christmas eve to leave you presents in exchange for the cup of milk and cookies you leave him(sorry to say darlings, nothing is ever free in this world) Call me sadistic, but I am not to be blame. It’s the flu which has caused me to be a different person.

As I was saying before I drifted, Santa’s means of transportation happens to be a sleigh which is powered by flying reindeers.(yes, and they say there’s no such thing as magic) One of the reindeers’ name was Rudolph who was apparently exiled from any sort of reindeer games due to his big, fat, red nose until Santa found out that he was really useful when it came to a foggy Christmas eve.(do listen to the song “Rudolph the red nose reindeer” to understand further because as I have said, the flu have made me a very sadistic person) So yes, as I’ve mentioned, Rudolph had a big, red nose and that’s exactly how your nose turns when you catch a flu, or rather the flu catches you. Big, fat and red.

And of course, the stages, how can that ever slip my mind. First, you feel like sleeping the whole day, as though your high on cocaine and you feel drowsiness at an extreme level and as afore mentioned, all you want to do is fall asleep regardless of where you are.(although, I prefer to be bundled up in my comforter). Then the next stage would be where you feel cold regardless of the external temperature being 100 Celsius. This is the part where your snot is more liquid than tap water itself. Need I say more?


Anyways,apart from flu:
1. I watched Avatar(finally) and it was bloody brilliant
2. I would have enjoyed it more if it wasn't for the flu and was stubborn to drink coke despite my mum warning me not too
3. I'll be of to KL tomorrow and will be there approximately till results are out
4. I'm not done packing because the clothes are still drying and because of the stupid rain(which i usually love),it's taking a longer time. Not good,because i'm leaving early 2mr, so I have to be up early 2mr=(.
5. Next post, from kl=)

Arriverdechi!

This entry was posted on Friday, January 8, 2010 at 9:31 PM . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment